Thursday, May 24, 2012
My Movie Hero!!!
Yong Hyun Kim was enjoying "Titanic" 3-D with his girlfriend when he asked the people behind him to quiet down and stop throwing popcorn. They started laughing at him, and Mr. Kim took a swing at one of the offenders, knocking out his tooth and bloodying his nose. Turns out the "noisemaker" was only 10 years old. Minor detail. But hey, next time an adult asks that kid to shut up, do ya think he'll listen????? Sure hope the tooth fairy left somethin' a little extra under that kid's pillow though. At least he can say he won somethin' in the prize fight.
Now we all have some pet peeves, but I have quite a few when it comes to going to the movies. Indulge me a little bit here folks while I rant. Since we are heading into Memorial Day weekend, I thought many of you might be hittin' the theatres and could relate to my ranting and raving.
1. The 6 ft. 8 in. gargantuan who sits directly in front of me when there are plenty of other seats available.
2. The ass clown who not only leaves their cell phone turned on, but insists on taking a call when it rings to the likes of "Ice Ice Baby".
3. The hyperactive, sugar buzzed person sitting behind me whose foot can't stop shaking and kicking the back of my chair at 55 miles an hour.
4. The inconsiderate parent who brings their 3 month old crying, fussy infant to the theatre. If you can afford to go to a movie, you can afford a babysitter.
5. The soda slurper who acts like they are dying of thirst and thinks there just HAS to be one more drop of liquid at the bottom of their cup.
6. The annoying commenter who feels the need to interject their opinion about every detail of the movie.
7. The non-multitasker who can't figure out how to do everything in one trip to the concession stand, and instead walks back and forth through my aisle several times during a 2 hour movie.
Okey dokey, so there ya have it folks. At least I now have a cure for my pet peeves. Next time I go to the theatre I'm callin' up my movie hero Mr. Kim and askin' him to be my date. He ain't takin' no shit from nobody, and I'm lookin' forward to seein' him whip out some Kung Fu moves on the gargantuan. HIIII YAHHHHH!!!!
Image via Google Images